Friday, February 26, 2010

A few minutes = A few hours

Recently I went for a shoot on Astro Supersports. It's a special edition of 442 for the Carling Cup finals between Manchester United and Aston Villa.  They ask me if I could show up and do the shoot which will take maximum 10 minutes.  I said yes..

Now how does 10 minutes = More than an hour in real life well. It's the waiting that takes time. First I had to find the studio. It's been a while since I've walked at the TV department. This is the cool Artist holding rooms and also the make up room.

They told me to go to studio 3 and wait...


When there is a light on you wait till you are told to come in...
So I waited... how long, well about 15 minutes.

Then someone came and got me. The took me into the control room. Now these are the guys that help paste everything together.  Imagine a painting. The Celebs or the presenters are part of the painting but these guys are the painters who decide where what goes and stuff...

Yes the guys infront of the camera are important but without these guys, it won't work too. Look at the amount of people needed to shoot 1 show..

Back to the story, I was taken to the control room where there is more waiting, another 20 minutes or more I forget.  Then they call us in.  First the Aston Villa fans had their say.  Set up (a few minutes), introduction (a few minutes), then shoot which only took 10 minutes max.
And then it was us the Man United fans. Same deal, set up (a few minutes), introduction (a few minutes), then shoot which only took 10 minutes max. Then comes the publicity shots 

and then it's a wrap..

So that is how only 10 minutes max can mean more then an hour for TV.. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment